After having my fourth and last child, I gained over 50 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. And that’s not taking into account that I hadn’t lost all the baby weight from my third pregnancy either. I felt awful about myself and tried so many products and plans but nothing worked long term.
A friend of mine shared The 21 Day Smoothie Diet plan with me because it worked for her. I figured, why not, I’ve tried everything else.
What’s the 21-Day Smoothie Diet Plan?
The 21-day smoothie diet plan for rapid weight loss is a custom 3-week weight loss schedule. You are given recipes for smoothies that need to be consumed in a very specific sequence and frequency to get you the maximum results. The nutrient and ingredient ratios will vary from smoothie to smoothie which helps ensure the weight comes off and stays off.
The smoothie program includes a 21-day diet plan that allows you to cut down your daily calorie intake, sugar, and fat consumption. The 21-day smoothie diet program is a meal replacement plan where you replace some of your solid meals with smoothies made with whole food ingredients, not processed. This allows for quick, safe, and easy weight loss. You also aren’t replacing all meals with smoothies, you actually get to eat real food too which is nice.
About the Diet Plan Creator
Not only is the plan custom, but it was also developed by world-renown health coach and nutrition expert Drew Sgoutas, CHC, AADP. He also tested the diet plan himself before marketing it to others. This is very important to me since I don’t want to try something that the creator didn’t test first.
Drew wanted to create a smoothie diet that helped those struggling with weight loss (like me) with something easy and fast. In his ebook, there are over 35 all-natural smoothie recipes, shopping lists, and a three-week schedule explaining which smoothie to consume on which day.
What’s in the 21-Day Smoothie Rapid Weight Loss Plan?
The 21-day smoothie rapid weight loss plan is a detailed ebook that gives users all the information they need to lose a lot of weight within 3 weeks.
The Basic Guide
The basic guide is split into 3 informative sections that include these topics:
- Fat Burning 101 – This section of the 21-day smoothie weight loss program will educate you so you understand the main obesity contributors and the dangers of living with extra weight. This section will also give you information on how to start a healthy diet with important details on healthy fats. Here, you’ll also learn about nutrient dense plant power, the most important superfoods, and the benefits of staying active.
- Smoothie Essentials – This section teaches you all about smoothies and their healing and health benefits. It goes over choosing the best blender (here’s my favorite quick take with you blender), choosing the best fruits and veggies, and how to store your produce and left overs. Then he guides you on how to create the smoothies so that you get all the nutrients from each piece of fruit or vegetable. If you don’t have all the ingredients, here is where he goes over substitutions. I hate peaches so I was very thankful for these subs!
- What to Eat – Luckily you aren’t only consuming smoothies during the 21 day rapid weight loss smoothie diet. This guide goes over the best foods to eat when you aren’t drinking a delicious smoothie. It helps you learn how to calculate the calories, fats, carbs and other nutrients you need. This section was really helpful for me and one I read more than a few times.
The Main Smoothie Diet Plan
This part of the 21-day smoothie diet plan is a three-week program that gives all the steps you need to be successful in your weight loss journey.
During the first week, Drew teaches you how to incorporate those commonly neglected fruits, vegetables, and greens into your busy mom lifestyle.
Then, the second week is more about “Feeling the Green”, which is where you will learn how to make green smoothies that aren’t as calorie-dense. You learn about which greens have high fiber content so you will stay full for longer. Drew also goes over the healthy fats and proteins you need to eat to lose the maximum amount of weight.
The third week goes over my favorite, the “metabolic boosters”. Probiotics are also considered metabolic boosters because they contain beneficial gut bacteria that will boost your gut health. When taking probiotics, gut bacteria generate fast and easy, which help speed up weight loss. Since I knew my metabolism was very low, this section really helped me learn what to do to speed it up and maximize my fat-burning ability!
During the fourth week of the 21-day smoothie diet plan, you dive into the healing power of smoothies. I was really looking for something that not only helped me lose weight but also helped me stay healthy and helped my lupus which is a big reason why I wanted to review the smoothie 21-day diet program.
Included in the entire program, you will get:
- Smoothie Schedule – The smoothie schedule is a color-coordinated chart that details what smoothie to have each day for the entire program. It also gives you the best time of the day to consume the smoothies.
- Shopping Lists – The 21-day smoothie weight loss diet gives you a complete list of all the ingredients you will use in the smoothie recipes throughout the weight loss program. It also provides information on how to navigate the grocery store so you are buying the best produce and ingredients for a healthy you.
- Recipe Cards – You get printable smoothie recipe cards with tips and tricks that make it easy to make the smoothie of the day. The recipe card gives you all of the necessary measurements, ingredients, instructions, and nutritional information associated with the selected smoothie recipe. It also has a photo that shows how the smoothie should look. Mine always didn’t look exactly like the picture, but it was darn close each time.
- A Daily Journal – This was extremely helpful for me and one of the reasons I’m writing the 21 day smoothie recipe review. The program’s creator, Drew, designed the journal with areas where you include details on your mood in the morning and the evening. It has areas for you to fill in what you ate, your calorie intake, and any workouts or exercises you completed. This helped me stay accountable and reflect on how I felt starting and ending each day after following the 21-day smoothie plan.
- Healthy Eating Guide – The healthy eating guide has 3 chapters: the introduction to the healthy eating, healthy eating basics, and one-week meal planning. The healthy eating guide gives you lots of information on eating and how to change your relationship with food. This is a constant struggle for me that I’m always looking for ways to help.
- Exercise Plan – To boost your weight loss, I suggest following the exercise plan that comes with the ebook. The exercise guide consists of workout programs at beginner, intermediate or advanced levels. They were really conveninent for my busy mother lifestyle because he gives you 5, 10, 15 and 20 minute options.
- Diabetic-Friendly Smoothies – I didn’t really need this section but I know it’s helpful for those of you who are diabetic and are looking for a diabetic smoothie weight loss program. He gives diabetic friendly recipes so that you don’t have to worry about sugar spikes.
- Gluten-Free Smoothies – Like the diabetic-friendly smoothie recipes, I didn’t really use the gluten-free smoothie recipes but I know some of you have gluten allergies or are trying to avoid gluten. So I highly recommend this section if you are looking for gluten-free smoothie recipes.
- Smoothie Recipes for Kids – I loved this section! My kids can be really picky eaters, especially my two that are on the autism spectrum. Since they have food texture aversions, it’s really hard to get them to eat nutritional food. Let me tell you, my youngest was eating smoothies with spinach in them, something he would NEVER eat on his own. I really enjoyed the kids’ smoothie recipes, and so did my children!
Smoothie Diet Bonuses
When you buy the 21-day smoothie diet rapid weight loss plan, it comes with two very cool bonuses that I enjoyed.
- The 3-Day Smoothie Detox Plan – This bonus gives you a detailed green smoothie detox program that flushes out the toxins from your body. I think it’s easier to lose weight after you do a complete detox, especially a natural one like this. The Detox includes 3 special detox smoothies recipes, a shopping list, and substitutions if you are allergic or don’t like something.
- Quick Start Guide – The second bonus is a shortened version of the main guide, if you don’t want to spend too much time reading over everything given. I really suggest reading the main guide but also reading the quick start guide. I prefered learning all that I could about the 21 day smoothie rapid weight loss program because I am very serious about my health journey.
The Smoothie Diet 21 Day Rapid Weight Loss Program Review
Overall, I had really good results from the Smoothie Diet 21 Day rapid weight loss program. I lost 23 pounds in three weeks! I stopped the smoothie diet about a month ago, and purposely waiting to do my 21-day smoothie diet review to see if the results stuck. And they did! I haven’t gained back any weight and have actually lost more weight while still using some of the smoothie recipes a few times a week.
Pros of The Smoothie Diet
The 21-day Smoothie Diet involves having smoothies, as the name hints, which are created from fruits and vegetables making them low in calories. They also provide you with the daily phytonutrients that provide a healthy diet.
- Less calorie counting
As per The 21-Day Weight Loss Smoothie Diet review notes, most weight loss programs involve counting calories. The recipes in the 21-Day Smoothie Weight Loss diet are well-laid out and give you all the nutritional information. This helped me since I work full time and have a family to take care of. The less thinking about what to do, the better!
- Easier Shopping Trips and Smaller shopping bill
This three-week diet plan gives you the shopping list for every week at the beginning of each week. The detailed shopping list makes grocery shopping a breeze. Also, I noticed that the more fruits and vegetables I bought, the less junk food and processed foods I got. This lowered my shopping bill quite a bit. Don’t believe the “healthier is more expensive” myth floating around. I saved a bunch!
Cons of The Smoothie Diet
- Maintaining the micro-nutrients
Most of the smoothies get their calories from the fruit and vegetable’s carbs which means theres very little protein and fat in the smoothie. To have a healthy lifestyle, medical professionals recommend to have a protein intake of at least 40 grams daily. The 21-day smoothie diet plan recommends getting the daily intake from snacks and other meals. Make sure you read through the entire 21-day Smoothie Diet review before following the plan, or you may get dizzy or lightheaded while your body accumulates to the lower amounts. If you are replacing your meals with these smoothies, try adding in some chia seeds and flax seeds. They will help to thicken up your smoothies as well as give you with essential micronutrients. Having various nuts and seeds in your snacks will help too. This is what I did. I really liked the smoothies with some added flax seeds. And bonus, flax seeds are great to promote vision health!
- Clean Up
Making smoothies can be a bit of a pain when you have to clean the blender each time you have one. I have two blenders so I switched them out and I work from home so it was convenient. If you don’t work from home and want to have a smoothie for lunch, it could be a bit of a hassle. I recommend using this travel blender, which is what I use on the go.
Is the Smoothie Diet A Scam?
It’s important to detoxify your body every so often. Your body does build up crap over time, and I don’t just mean poop. The 21-day smoothie diet plan definitely helped me to follow a successful detox plan which I believe removed all of the impurities from my body. I felt better, my mood was better and I had mental clarity. So, I can safely say the 21-day Smoothie Diet is not a scam.